Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have become comfortably numb

Well, maybe not comfortably, but I couldn't resist the reference! My latest joy is chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. So the tips of my fingers and toes have partially lost their feeling. Not completely, but I'm sure it will get worse during the next two rounds. I was warned that this would probably happen around the 4th round, so I'm right on schedule. I'm taking vitamin B, which should help, and when chemo is done I'll eventually get back to normal, so I'm not too worried about it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annabelle!
    Just letting you know El and I are thinking about you and sending you lots of love (to Ethan and Sarah, too). Thank you for your blog updates and your wry wit. That is great news about your numbers going down. I did a happy dance in your honor (thankfully, no video available of that!).
    Love,
    J9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like either a very good time or a very bad time to take up embroidery. Good luck with your next rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep breathing Annabelle and keep knowing every single person who has ever met you and/or your family, and even those who haven't met you, are pulling for you. If it helps, wear a patch and really work on the pirate lingo!

    I absolutely hate anything that messes with my vision or my stability. It just overtakes my life and my thinking and I'm useless!

    So stay strong and embrace the weakness, both physically and mentally, as part of the process of staying alive and becoming healthy!

    So endure now, and celebrate soon! I will raise my glass at all points along the way for you:)

    ReplyDelete