Tuesday, November 25, 2008

1,000 Cranes



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The most incredible thing happened this evening! Alice and Kelsey (and Kelsey's mom, Molly) came by with the most amazing surprise for us- 1,000 colorful paper cranes suspended on a piece of black bamboo. They, along with other friends from Sarah's school, had been working on in for a while and just coincidentally happened to bring it over today, just after my post asking everyone to do things to bring good luck!! They hadn't even read that post yet, they just happened to be finished and it was time to bring it over! It is so beautiful, it completely blew me away and I could barely speak. We found a perfect spot for it hanging in the window of the front room.

Here's what it said in the card:

In Japan, they say that a thousand paper cranes will bring a lifetime of good luck. Perhaps it is because the cranes must be made by so many hands, or perhaps it is because so much time and energy is put towards the folding. We all wish you the best of luck in your battle.

And it was signed by about 25 people!

I always feel that when there is synchronicity, I am on the right path. I feel stronger now, heading into my next chemo session, and when I need a happy thought to get me through the day, I'm going to be thinking about those cranes!

6 comments:

  1. powered access equipment should only be used by properly trained and qualified persons who understand lifting equipment selection, inspection and use. The safest and most suitable work equipment should be selected for the work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Can you feel the love and care coming off them? I'm so happy you have such cool people in your life, and that they are there for you when you need them most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a beautiful thing. Mmm mmm mmmmmm.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! That's so special. My grandmother never got rid of hers, and now they're hanging in my bedroom :) so beautiful, and so much love. Sending my energies your way, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, Annabelle? How much weight can a paper crane really lift? I suppose if you have 1,000 it could add up... but the rigging must be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete