Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kailua

We've spent the last few days in Kailua on the windward side of Oahu visiting Ethan's brother, Daniel.  The entire time we've been here there has been a 2" baby gekko hanging out in the house on the corner window screen.  It's been very mellow so far, which is just what I need.  We've had macadamia nut pancakes at Boots and Kimo, we've hit the thriftstore, taken naps, we had a sushi picnic lunch at He'iea Park overlooking Kaneohe Bay, we went up to the Pali Lookout, with super strong wind gusts blowing us over, had dinner at People's Cafe in Honolulu (including Poi) and breakfast at the Pancake House in Kaneohe followed by garage sailing and smoothies at Lanikai Juice.  We had so-so luck at the garage sales.  I found a Sounds of the '70's- Punk and New Wave CD and got a free Danish magazine I'll bring to Bodil.  Sarah found a necklace for 25 cents.   


5 comments:

  1. Must. Contain. Jealousy.

    This sounds like a great trip so far, and it is just beginning! Wish I were there too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annabelle,
    I just found out about all of this. I'm so happy to hear that you are in Hawaii with your family right now. What paradise. Get rest and bring the peace back with you. I see you getting past this. I'm sure you do too. And, of course, let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Love, Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's been very mellow so far, which is just what I need."

    That's referring to the trip, not the gekko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the last thing you needed was a really stressed out gecko!

    ReplyDelete