Tuesday, November 21, 2017

More treatment...

   
Surgery went well.  Really well!  There were no other random bits of cancer and they were able to completely remove the tumor with clear margins.  I spent one night and was discharged midday, with 4 small incisions on my belly.  This was a couple of weeks ago already.  Recovery was quick, and I am already feeling back to my old self, which is why I was more floored by the news delivered at yesterday's visit with the oncologist- I still need to do chemo...  I'll be doing 6 rounds of carboplatin and doxil once a month for 6 months.  Followed by a maintenance therapy of daily oral PARP inhibitors to prevent the cancer cells from repairing the damage done by the chemo.


                                                  ( ↑ Carboplatin )




1 comment:

  1. That is indeed a surprise to hear about the chemo after the surgery went so well. I hope you are still going on your trip in December. We are thinking of you and happy that you have moved closer to us so that we can help you if needed. XOX

    ReplyDelete