Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Score one for my optimistic voice!

I am holding steady with my CA125 at 6 again!  This appointment marks 2 years since diagnosis, so now instead of every 3 months I start going twice a year.  And I seem to remember reading somewhere that the survival statistics get a lot better after you hit the 2 year mark. 

This anniversary has gotten me thinking about the moment when I learned that it was in fact cancer.  I was in the prep area waiting for surgery and I asked the nurse if the results from my CA125 were listed on my chart.  She pulled it up and told me, "1,500".  Until this moment I thought the whole thing was kind of scary and dramatic but definitely not cancer.  As soon as she said it, I knew what it meant.  I have vague memories of becoming pretty hysterical and demanding to see Ethan who was out in the waiting room.

I can't believe 2 years has already gone by and I am sitting here, happy and healthy.  Knock on wood!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! :) We love you and it's SO great to hear this news. Thanks for sharing your story. Love, Joe and family.

    ReplyDelete