Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life goes on...

I missed my 1 year anniversary of being chemo free- December 3rd. I was at a cancer support group that day and mentioned that it had been about a year, but didn't think about it again until a few days later when I realized I had missed it. I attribute this to a couple of things- I have been doing a lot, and I have started to feel back to normal again. I no longer think about cancer 24/7. I don't feel the need to tell everyone I come in contact with about the hell I've experienced. I can make plans for the future again.

And I have been doing a lot! Since I last posted 2 months ago, I went to Central Europe. Ethan's band played in Prague, Wrocław (Poland) and Vienna, then we went to Budapest for a few days to recover from the tour in the thermal baths. Ethan flew home from there and I went on to Ljubljana and Piran (Slovenia), Venice for one night and finally to Switzerland to visit family near Zürich. I was gone for a month. When I returned I jumped right into the holiday season with a fabulous couple of days celebrating Thanksgiving with Ethan's cousins. And this morning we're starting a remodel! Carport demolition first, hearing the hammering makes it real. Even though I'm not thinking that much about cancer anymore, I do constantly think about how lucky I am.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to hear that you're doing well, and that you have exciting plans for the future. I'm looking forward to reading about all the new exciting things that will be going on with you!

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    Wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete